20 April 2011

Home Spa Day




Since I'm really in the mood for a Spa Day, but have not a lot of extra cash, I've decided to create a spa day from the ingredients in my own kitchen..

I've been collecting the Rose Petals from the Vintage Rose Bush near my house--o m g. the most amazing fragrant Rose Bush I've ever come into contact with!

So, first on the agenda is a Rose Bath..

I add about one to two cups of fresh petals to the bath, along with about a cup of Epsom Salts or Sea Salt.
While I'm swimming around in my deep-dish claw foot (minus the foots) tub.. I'm going to give my skin a good scrub with some home made, Honey & Sea Salt Scrub that I made from scratch today..

~ Here's my recipe:

12 (generous) Tablespoons Organic Honey (melted)
1 Cup Sea Salt
1 Cup of Organic Sugar (brown or wht)
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (melted)
1 Tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil
2 Tablespoons of Citrus Juice (I used lemon)
How to do it:

Warm up the honey and Coconut oil until they become runny (not too hot!) by putting them in a heat-proof glass which is immersed in hot water (or a few seconds in the microwave) .

Mix the salt and sugar, then add the oils and honey and mix together.
Wet your skin, then rub scrub in circular motion onto your body and face, gently massage to exfoliate. Rinse it off with alternately cold and warm water, end with a splash of cold; pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Finally tone and moisturize!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment