03 March 2011

A work in progress



Last night I picked up a paintbrush for the first time in almost a year. I find painting to be one of my anchors that helps me come back down to earth when I feel out of balance--which is a lot lately. At one point while painting, I put the brush down and just started painting with my fingertips. I use to love finger-painting as a child. My new painting is a work in progress. I have done a few oil paintings in the past, but this time around I'll be working with watercolor, which can be tricky, so it may take me awhile to get the hang of it. It's important that I continue to grow as an artist. I've let a lot of my hobbies slip away due to the overwhelming need to study. Creating art is so soothing for me and painting is my meditation now.

photo of my watercolor-in-progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment